Teaching the Common Core Math Standards with Hands-On Activities, Grades 6-8
The new Common Core State Standards for Mathematics have been formulated to provide students with instruction that will help them acquire a thorough knowledge of math at their grade level, which will in turn enable them to move on to higher mathematics with competence and confidence. Hands-on Activities for Teaching the Common Core Math Standards is designed to help teachers instruct their students so that they will better understand and apply the skills outlined in the Standards.
This important resource also gives teachers a wealth of tools and activities that can encourage students to think critically, use mathematical reasoning, and employ various problem-solving strategies.
- Filled with activities that will help students gain an understanding of math concepts and skills correlated to the Common Core State Math Standards
- Offers guidance for helping students apply their understanding of math concepts and skills, develop proficiency in calculations, and learn to think abstractly
- Describes ways to get students to collaborate with other students, utilize technology, communicate ideas about math both orally and in writing, and gain an appreciation of the significance of mathematics to real life
This practical and easy-to-use resource will help teachers give students the foundation they need for success in higher mathematics.
280 pages; ISBN 9781118237281
, or download in or
Title: Teaching the Common Core Math Standards with Hands-On Activities, Grades 6-8
Author: Judith A. Muschla; Gary Robert Muschla; Erin Muschla
- Academic > Mathematics > Elementary mathematics > Arithmetic; Study and teaching
- Academic > Mathematics > Elementary mathematics > Mathematics; Study and teaching (Elementary)
- Academic > Mathematics > General > Vinogradov, Ivan Matveevich, 1891-
- Academic > Mathematics > General > Mathematics; Periodicals
- Academic > Mathematics > General > Mathematics; Study and teaching; United States
- Education > Teaching Methods & Materials