Teaching the Common Core Math Standards with Hands-On Activities, Grades 6-8

Teaching the Common Core Math Standards with Hands-On Activities, Grades 6-8 by Judith A. Muschla
Helpful advice for teaching Common Core Math Standards tomiddle-school students

The new Common Core State Standards for Mathematics have beenformulated to provide students with instruction that will help themacquire a thorough knowledge of math at their grade level, whichwill in turn enable them to move on to higher mathematics withcompetence and confidence. Hands-on Activities for Teaching theCommon Core Math Standards is designed to help teachersinstruct their students so that they will better understand andapply the skills outlined in the Standards.

This important resource also gives teachers a wealth of toolsand activities that can encourage students to think critically, usemathematical reasoning, and employ various problem-solvingstrategies.

• Filled with activities that will help students gain anunderstanding of math concepts and skills correlated to the CommonCore State Math Standards
  • Offers guidance for helping students apply their understandingof math concepts and skills, develop proficiency in calculations,and learn to think abstractly
  • Describes ways to get students to collaborate with otherstudents, utilize technology, communicate ideas about math bothorally and in writing, and gain an appreciation of the significanceof mathematics to real life

This practical and easy-to-use resource will help teachers givestudents the foundation they need for success in highermathematics.

Wiley; March 2012
Title: Teaching the Common Core Math Standards with Hands-On Activities, Grades 6-8
Author: Judith A. Muschla; Gary Robert Muschla; Erin Muschla

Buy, download and read Teaching the Common Core Math Standards with Hands-On Activities, Grades 6-8 (eBook) by Judith A. Muschla; Gary Robert Muschla; Erin Muschla today!