The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
The Ethics Challenge in Public Service
A Problem-Solving Guide
This thoroughly revised and updated third edition of The Ethics Challenge in Public Service is the classic ethics text used in public management programs nationwide. The book serves as a valuable resource for public managers who work in a world that presents numerous ethical challenges every day. It is filled with a wealth of practical tools and strategies that public managers can use when making ethical choices in the ambiguous and pressured world of public service. The book also contains new material on topics such as social networking, the use of apology, ethics as applied to public policy, working with elected officials, and more.
"The Ethics Challenge in Public Service, now in its third edition, continues to be simply indispensable for teaching public service ethics. Thoroughly updated to encompass the latest developments in the field, this new edition adds both a companion website and an instructor's website, further enhancing its value for both students and faculty."
—Guy B. Adams, Harry S. Truman School of Public Affairs, University of Missouri
"If you want to know about ethical decision making in public service, this is the book to read."
—Patricia J. Harned, president, Ethics Resource Center
"This book cuts through the rhetoric and the partisanship right to the heart of ethics in the public service; here is a smooth blend of how and why."
—Carole L. Jurkiewicz, Woman's Hospital Distinguished Professor of Healthcare Management, John W. Dupuy Endowed Professor, Louisiana State University
360 pages; ISBN 9781118228760
, or download in or
The Power of Full Engagement 2003 US$ 11.65 288 pages
Economics for the IB Diploma 2011 US$ 38.00 746 pages
- Academic > Public Affairs > Public Affairs > United States
- Academic > Public Affairs > Public Affairs > United States > State government
- Academic > Public Affairs > Political institutions and public administration > General. Comparative government > Political rights. Political participation
- Academic > Political Science > Political institutions and public administration (United States) > Capital. Public buildings. Government property. Government purchasing > State government
- Political Science > Public Affairs & Administration
- Business > Government & Business
- Business > Business Ethics