Professional Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Administration
Microsoft SQL Server 2012 will have major changes throughout the SQL Server and will impact how DBAs administer the database. With this book, a team of well-known SQL Server experts introduces the many new features of the most recent version of SQL Server and deciphers how these changes will affect the methods that administrators have been using for years. Loaded with unique tips, tricks, and workarounds for handling the most difficult SQL Server admin issues, this how-to guide deciphers topics such as performance tuning, backup and recovery, scaling and replication, clustering, and security.
- Serves as a must-have how-to guide on the new features of the 2012 release of Microsoft SQL Server
- Walks you through ways to manage and monitor SQL Server and automate administration
- Guides you through SQL Azure for cloud computing, data replication, and data warehouse performance improvements
- Addresses client-connectivity enhancements, new features that ensure high availability of mission-critical applications, and tighter integration with Excel and SharePoint for data analysis and reporting
- Highlights major changes to the suite of SQL Server BI tools, including integration, reporting, and analysis services
- Includes real-world case examples and best practices from Microsoft insiders
If you're a database administrator eager to get started with the newest version of SQL Server, then this book is essential reading.
936 pages; ISBN 9781118282182
, or download in or
Title: Professional Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Administration
Author: Adam Jorgensen; Steven Wort; Ross LoForte; Brian Knight