Inside Cyber Warfare
Mapping the Cyber Underworld
When the Stuxnet computer worm damaged the Iranian nuclear program in 2010, the public got a small glimpse into modern cyber warfare—without truly realizing the scope of this global conflict. Inside Cyber Warfare provides fascinating and disturbing details on how nations, groups, and individuals throughout the world increasingly rely on Internet attacks to gain military, political, and economic advantages over their adversaries.
This updated second edition takes a detailed look at the complex domain of cyberspace, and the players and strategies involved. You’ll discover how sophisticated hackers working on behalf of states or organized crime patiently play a high-stakes game that could target anyone, regardless of affiliation or nationality.
- Discover how Russian investment in social networks benefits the Kremlin
- Learn the role of social networks in fomenting revolution in the Middle East and Northern Africa
- Explore the rise of anarchist groups such as Anonymous and LulzSec
- Look inside cyber warfare capabilities of nations including China and Israel
- Understand how the U.S. can legally engage in covert cyber operations
- Learn how the Intellectual Property war has become the primary focus of state-sponsored cyber operations
Jeffrey Carr, the founder and CEO of Taia Global, Inc., is a cyber intelligence expert and consultant who specializes in the investigation of cyber attacks against governments and infrastructures by state and non-state hackers.
316 pages; ISBN 9781449325466
, or download in or
Title: Inside Cyber Warfare
Author: Jeffrey Carr
Alan M. Turing 2012 US$ 13.00 210 pages
Thinking Functionally with Haskell 2014 US$ 37.00 358 pages
Microsoft SQL Server 2012 High-Performance T-SQL Using Window Functions 2012 US$ 29.99 244 pages
- Academic > Sociology > Social pathology. Social and public welfare. Criminology > Criminology > Crimes and offenses
- Academic > Sociology > Social pathology. Social and public welfare. Criminology > Social service. Social work. Charity organization and practice
- Academic > Sociology > Social pathology. Social and public welfare. Criminology > Accidents. Prevention of accidents
- Law > Forensic Science
- Computers > Security