Introductory Statistics for the Behavioral Sciences

Introductory Statistics for the Behavioral Sciences by Joan Welkowitz

A comprehensive and user-friendly introduction to statistics for behavioral science students—revised and updated

Refined over seven editions by master teachers, this book gives instructors and students alike clear examples and carefully crafted exercises to support the teaching and learning of statistics for both manipulating and consuming data.

One of the most popular and respected statistics texts in the behavioral sciences, the Seventh Edition of Introductory Statistics for the Behavioral Sciences has been fully revised. The new edition presents all the topics students in the behavioral sciences need in a uniquely accessible and easy-to-understand format, aiding in the comprehension and implementation of the statistical analyses most commonly used in the behavioral sciences.

The Seventh Edition features:

• A continuous narrative that clearly explains statistics while tracking a common data set throughout, making the concepts unintimidating and memorable, and providing a framework that connects all of the topics and allows for easy comparison of different statistical analyses

• Coverage of important aspects of research design throughout the text, such as the "correlation is not causality" principle

• Updated and annotated SPSS output at the end of each chapter with step-by-step instructions

• Updated examples and exercises

• An expanded website, at www.wiley.com/go/welkowitz, with test bank, chapter quizzes, and PowerPoint slides for instructors, as well as a second website for students with additional basic math coverage, math review exercises, a study guide, a set of additional SPSS exercises, and more downloadable data sets

Wiley; December 2011
Title: Introductory Statistics for the Behavioral Sciences
Author: Joan Welkowitz; Barry H. Cohen; R. Brooke Lea

Buy, download and read Introductory Statistics for the Behavioral Sciences (eBook) by Joan Welkowitz; Barry H. Cohen; R. Brooke Lea today!