Introductory Statistics for the Behavioral Sciences

Introductory Statistics for the Behavioral Sciences by Joan Welkowitz

A comprehensive and user-friendly introduction to statistics forbehavioral science students—revised and updated

Refined over seven editions by master teachers, this book givesinstructors and students alike clear examples and carefully craftedexercises to support the teaching and learning of statistics forboth manipulating and consuming data.

One of the most popular and respected statistics texts in thebehavioral sciences, the Seventh Edition of Introductory Statisticsfor the Behavioral Sciences has been fully revised. The new editionpresents all the topics students in the behavioral sciences need ina uniquely accessible and easy-to-understand format, aiding in thecomprehension and implementation of the statistical analyses mostcommonly used in the behavioral sciences.

The Seventh Edition features:

• A continuous narrative that clearly explains statistics whiletracking a common data set throughout, making the conceptsunintimidating and memorable, and providing a framework thatconnects all of the topics and allows for easy comparison ofdifferent statistical analyses

• Coverage of important aspects of research design throughout thetext, such as the "correlation is not causality" principle

• Updated and annotated SPSS output at the end of each chapterwith step-by-step instructions

• Updated examples and exercises

• An expanded website, at www.wiley.com/go/welkowitz, with testbank, chapter quizzes, and PowerPoint slides for instructors, aswell as a second website for students with additional basic mathcoverage, math review exercises, a study guide, a set of additionalSPSS exercises, and more downloadable data sets

Wiley; December 2011
Title: Introductory Statistics for the Behavioral Sciences
Author: Joan Welkowitz; Barry H. Cohen; R. Brooke Lea

Buy, download and read Introductory Statistics for the Behavioral Sciences (eBook) by Joan Welkowitz; Barry H. Cohen; R. Brooke Lea today!