Theory and Practice of Leadership
Electronic Inspection Copy available for instructors here
Praise for the first edition:
'At last a well-written, balanced and insightful British book on leadership. It is probable that every theory and assertion of consequence is commented upon. A real tour-de-force.'
- Emeritus Professor Gerry Randell, University of Bradford School of Management
'Theory and Practice of Leadership is an all encompassing, global review of examples and case studies that is both comprehensive and easily adaptable to almost any situation one would encounter in leading people.'
- Richard J. Conwell, Nova Southeastern University, Journal of Applied Management and Entrepreneurship
If you are looking for a more holistic and critical take on the field of leadership, look no further! The second edition of this engaging and highly-respected text offers an exploration of leadership in a variety of contexts, both profit-orientated and non-profit.
New to this edition:
- Refined to capture and delineate the essential theories more clearly, with broader coverage taking in the latest developments in areas such as change, politics, assessment and development of leadership, and multiple intelligences.
- Further development of a new integrative model of core leadership themes and practices.
- Abundant examples and illustrations, together with detailed explanations of how they apply in practice.
- A companion website with an Instructor's Manual, PowerPoint slides, links to additional case studies and full-text journal articles.
Theory and Practice of Leadership will prove a highly-stimulating read for undergraduate and postgraduate students of leadership and related subjects as well as management consultants and practising managers.
Visit the Theory and Practice of Leadership companion website www.sagepub.co.uk/gill to take advantage of additional resources for students and lecturers.
552 pages; ISBN 9781446289297
, or download in or
Title: Theory and Practice of Leadership
Author: Roger Gill
New Digital Storytelling, The: Creating Narratives with New Media 2011 US$ 49.00 296 pages
The E-Myth Revisited 2009 US$ 10.99 288 pages