The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Programming Arduino Getting Started with Sketches
Program Arduino with ease!
Using clear, easy-to-follow examples, Programming Arduino: Getting Started with Sketches reveals the software side of Arduino and explains how to write well-crafted sketches using the modified C language of Arduino. No prior programming experience is required! The downloadable sample programs featured in the book can be used as-is or modified to suit your purposes.
- Understand Arduino hardware fundamentals
- Install the software, power it up, and upload your first sketch
- Learn C language basics
- Write functions in Arduino sketches
- Structure data using arrays and strings
- Use Arduino's digital and analog inputs and outputs in your programs
- Work with the Standard Arduino Library
- Write sketches that can store data
- Program LCD displays
- Use an Ethernet shield to enable Arduino to function as a web server
- Write your own Arduino libraries
In December 2011, Arduino 1.0 was released. This changed a few things that have caused two of the sketches in this book to break. The change that has caused trouble is that the classes 'Server' and 'Client' have been renamed to 'EthernetServer' and 'EthernetClient' respectively. To fix this:
- Edit sketches 10-01 and 10-02 to replace all occurrences of the word 'Server' with 'EthernetServer' and all occurrences of 'Client' with 'EthernetClient'.
- Alternatively, you can download the modified sketches for 10-01 and 10-02 from here: http://www.arduinobook.com/arduino-1-0
Make Great Stuff!
TAB, an imprint of McGraw-Hill Professional, is a leading publisher of DIY technology books for makers, hackers, and electronics hobbyists.
176 pages; ISBN 9780071784238
, or download in or
Title: Programming Arduino Getting Started with Sketches
Author: Simon Monk