The Myth of the Garage
From Chip and Dan Heath, the bestselling authors of Switch and Made to Stick, comes The Myth of the Garage ... and other minor surprises, a collection of the authors' best columns for Fast Company magazine. There are 16 pieces in all, plus a previously unpublished piece entitled 'The Future Fails Again'.
In Myth, the Heath brothers tackle some of the most (and least) important issues in the modern business world:
- Why you should never buy another mutual fund ('The Horror of Mutual Funds')
- Why your gut may be more ethical than your brain ('In Defense of Feelings')
- How to communicate with numbers in a way that changes decisions ('The Gripping Statistic')
- Why the 'Next Big Thing' often isn't ('The Future Fails Again')
- Why you may someday pay $300 for a pair of socks ('The Inevitability of $300 Socks')
- And 12 others . . .
Punchy, entertaining, and full of unexpected insights, the collection is the perfect companion for a short flight (or a long meeting).
, or download in
Title: The Myth of the Garage
Author: Chip Heath
New Digital Storytelling, The: Creating Narratives with New Media 2011 US$ 49.00 296 pages
Perfect Phrases for Business Letters 2005 US$ 11.00 224 pages