The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Normal Family Processes, Fourth Edition
Growing Diversity and Complexity
Widely adopted, this valued course text and practitioner guide has expanded the understanding of family normality and healthy functioning in our increasingly diverse society. The editor and contributors are at the forefront of research and clinical training. They describe the challenges facing contemporary families and ways in which clinicians can promote resilience. With consideration of sociocultural and developmental influences, chapters identify key family processes that nurture and sustain strong bonds in couples; dual-earner, divorced, single-parent, remarried, adoptive, and kinship care families; gay and lesbian families; culturally diverse families; and those coping with adversity, such as trauma, poverty, and chronic illness. New to This Edition Reflects important research advances and the changing contexts of family life. Additional chapter topics kinship care, family rituals, evidence-based assessment, and neurobiology. All chapters have been fully updated.
Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man, Expanded Edition 2014 US$ 10.99 288 pages
Hold Me Tight 2008 US$ 12.99
- Psychology & Psychiatry > Psychotherapy > Counseling
- Psychology & Psychiatry > Psychotherapy > Group
- Social Science > Social Work
- Family & Relationships > Divorce
- Family & Relationships > Parenting
- Family & Relationships > Family Relationships
- Family & Relationships > Marriage
- Family & Relationships > Adoption