The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
Faces of Fraud
Cases and Lessons from a Life Fighting Fraudsters
Fraud is an evil with a life of its own that leaves a financial, repetitional, and emotional toll on its victims. While monumental scandals, such as Enron, WorldCom, and Madoff's Ponzi scheme make the front pages, fraud is a daily occurrence impacting companies and individuals alike. Faces of Fraud reveals must-know characteristics of fraudsters and the skills needed to outwit them. Recognized Fraud Fighting Expert Martin Biegelman draws from his 40 years of experience fighting fraud to profile not only the key traits fraudsters share, but also the qualities fraud examiners must possess to be successful.
- Each chapter contains stories from actual cases that the author investigated
- Profiles the must-know characteristics of fraudsters and the skills you'll need to outwit them
- Reveals the traits of accomplished fraud examiners
- Explores the best practices in fraud detection, investigation and prevention to cultivate in order to maximize success
- Written by fraud fighting expert Martin T. Biegelman
Although fraud will never be completely eradicated, there is much that can be done to reduce the number and size of frauds that take place in any organization. Boiling down the key lessons the author has culled from his long career, Faces of Fraud entertains and informs with stories from real cases the author investigated over his long career, and imparts useful tips you can start using right away in the fraud examination field.
288 pages; ISBN 9781118235454
, or download in or
More from this author
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act Compliance Guidebook2010US$ 71.95387 pages
- Executive Roadmap to Fraud Prevention and Internal Control2012US$ 39.95417 pages
- Academic > Sociology > Social pathology. Social and public welfare. Criminology > Criminology > Crimes and offenses
- Academic > Sociology > Social pathology. Social and public welfare. Criminology > Social service. Social work. Charity organization and practice
- Academic > Sociology > Social pathology. Social and public welfare. Criminology > Life saving
- Law > Forensic Science
- Business > Management
- Business > Business Ethics
- Business > Accounting