The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
Notes from the Seminar Given in 1936-1940
In the 1930s C. G. Jung embarked upon a bold investigation into childhood dreams as remembered by adults to better understand their significance to the lives of the dreamers. Jung presented his findings in a four-year seminar series at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Zurich. Children's Dreams marks their first publication in English, and fills a critical gap in Jung's collected works.
Here we witness Jung the clinician more vividly than ever before--and he is witty, impatient, sometimes authoritarian, always wise and intellectually daring, but also a teacher who, though brilliant, could be vulnerable, uncertain, and humbled by life's great mysteries. These seminars represent the most penetrating account of Jung's insights into children's dreams and the psychology of childhood. At the same time they offer the best example of group supervision by Jung, presenting his most detailed and thorough exposition of Jungian dream analysis and providing a picture of how he taught others to interpret dreams. Presented here in an inspired English translation commissioned by the Philemon Foundation, these seminars reveal Jung as an impassioned educator in dialogue with his students and developing the practice of analytical psychology.
An invaluable document of perhaps the most important psychologist of the twentieth century at work, this splendid volume is the fullest representation of Jung's views on the interpretation of children's dreams, and signals a new wave in the publication of Jung's collected works as well as a renaissance in contemporary Jung studies.
520 pages; ISBN 9781400843084
, or download in or
More from this author
- Collected Works of C.G. Jung, Volume 20: General Index1753US$ 99.95752 pages
- Collected Works of C.G. Jung, Volume 15: Spirit in Man, Art, And Literature2014US$ 20.95178 pages
More Body Mind
The Alchemist - 10th Anniversary Edition 2009 US$ 10.99 192 pages
The Purpose Driven Life 2008 US$ 9.99 340 pages
- Academic > Psychology > Parapsychology > Hallucinations. Sleep. Dreaming. Visions
- Academic > Philosophy > Philosophical logic
- Psychology & Psychiatry > Psychotherapy > Child & Adolescent
- Psychology & Psychiatry > Psychoanalysis
- Psychology & Psychiatry > Research & Methodology
- Body Mind & Spirit > Dreams