The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
People Skills at Work
Wouldn’t you like to achieve better work results, advance your career, navigate the workplace effortlessly, and more easily balance work success with personal well-being? Who doesn’t want the secret recipe for that? While there may not be a single, one size fits all answer, developing a people skills toolkit can put you on the right path. An exploration of the ways in which people skills can be acquired and developed, People Skills at Work discusses new career development tools, the role of professional commitment statements, psychological contracts, and how to work with difficult people.
- Manage interpersonal relationships in the workplace
- Improve communications with coworkers and constituencies
- Work with people of different ages, gender, and backgrounds
- Handle conflicts with co-workers and clients
Shaped by the authors’ experience, the book reflects their professional and personal integration of many different sources of knowledge and experience. The book uses a practical approach to address critical social skills, career advancement and professionalism, and how the different career stages affect key relationships. Each chapter elucidates the development of a specific skill and includes examples, sets benchmarks, and examines the particular skill’s relationship to the other skills presented in the book.
Good people skills are no longer on the "nice to have" list; in most work settings they are simply a must. Very few people can escape the reality that their success usually requires having good people skills, too. This book gives you the tools to improve interpersonal relationships, communications, job performance, and interaction with people of different ages, genders, and backgrounds.
438 pages; ISBN 9781466512955
, or download in
The Five Most Important Questions You Will Ever Ask About Your Organization 2008 US$ 14.95 144 pages
Business Adventures 2014 US$ 14.99 400 pages
- Academic > Business and Commerce > Business and Commerce > Office management
- Academic > Business and Commerce > Business and Commerce > Industrial psychology
- Academic > Business and Commerce > Business
- Academic > Psychology > Industrial psychology
- Academic > Economics > Commerce
- Political Science > Public Affairs & Administration
- Business > Human Resources & Personnel Management
- Business > Labor
- Business > Public Relations