The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
The Statistical Programming Language
R is fast becoming the de facto standard for statistical computing and analysis in science, business, engineering, and related fields. This book examines this complex language using simple statistical examples, showing how R operates in a user-friendly context. Both students and workers in fields that require extensive statistical analysis will find this book helpful as they learn to use R for simple summary statistics, hypothesis testing, creating graphs, regression, and much more. It covers formula notation, complex statistics, manipulating data and extracting components, and rudimentary programming.
- R, the open source statistical language increasingly used to handle statistics and produces publication-quality graphs, is notoriously complex
- This book makes R easier to understand through the use of simple statistical examples, teaching the necessary elements in the context in which R is actually used
- Covers getting started with R and using it for simple summary statistics, hypothesis testing, and graphs
- Shows how to use R for formula notation, complex statistics, manipulating data, extracting components, and regression
- Provides beginning programming instruction for those who want to write their own scripts
Beginning R offers anyone who needs to perform statistical analysis the information necessary to use R with confidence.
432 pages; ISBN 9781118239377
, or download in or
More from this author
The Extreme Searcher's Internet Handbook 2013 US$ 19.99 345 pages
The New Digital Age 2013 US$ 11.99 336 pages
Steve Jobs 2011 US$ 14.57 448 pages
Successful Business Intelligence: Unlock the Value of BI & Big Data, Second Edition 2013 US$ 40.00 337 pages
- Academic > Mathematics > Probabilities. Mathematical statistics > Mathematical statistics
- Academic > Mathematics > Probabilities. Mathematical statistics > Mathematical statistics; Data processing
- Academic > Mathematics > Probabilities. Mathematical statistics > R (Computer program language)
- Academic > Mathematics > General
- Computers > Programming Languages
- Computers > Mathematical & Statistical Software