The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
The Recurrence of Fate
Theatre and Memory in Twentieth-Century Russia
How, why, and according to whose definitions and requirements does a culture self-consciously create memory and project its fate? In this remarkable book—the first in English to treat Russian history as theatre and cultural performance—Spencer Golub reveals the performative nature of Russian history in the twentieth century and the romantic imprisonment/self-imprisonment of the creative intelligentsia within this scenario.
297 pages; ISBN 9781587290886
, or download in
The Return 2003 US$ 17.99 80 pages
Angels in America: A Gay Fantasia on National Themes 2014 US$ 16.95 361 pages
- Academic > Literature > Drama > Special types > Special regions or countries
- Academic > Performing Arts > Special regions or countries > Europe
- Academic > Performing Arts > Special regions or countries > Russia. Soviet Union. Russia (federation)
- Academic > Performing Arts > Theater
- Academic > Literature > Periodicals
- Academic > Literature > Societies
- Performing Arts > Theater