The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Introduction to Remote Sensing, Fifth Edition
A leading text for undergraduate- and graduate-level courses, this book introduces widely used forms of remote sensing imagery and their applications in plant sciences, hydrology, earth sciences, and land use analysis. The text provides comprehensive coverage of principal topics and serves as a framework for organizing the vast amount of remote sensing information available on the Web. Including case studies and review questions, the book's four sections and 21 chapters are carefully designed as independent units that instructors can select from as needed for their courses. Illustrations include 29 color plates and over 400 black-and-white figures. New to This Edition Reflects significant technological and methodological advances. Chapter on aerial photography now emphasizes digital rather than analog systems. Updated discussions of accuracy assessment, multitemporal change detection, and digital preprocessing. Links to recommended online videos and tutorials.
- Academic > Geography > Maps > By region or country > Eastern Hemisphere. Eurasia, Africa, etc. > Europe
- Academic > Geography > Philosophy. Relation to other topics. Methodology
- Academic > Geography > Arctic and Antarctic regions
- Science > Environmental Science
- Science > Geography
- Technology > Agriculture
- Technology > Remote Sensing