The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
Teaching New Literacies in Grades 4-6
Resources for 21st-Century Classrooms
Upper-elementary students encounter a sometimes dizzying array of traditional and nontraditional texts both in and outside of the classroom. This practical handbook helps teachers in grades 4 6 harness the instructional potential of fiction, poetry, and plays; informational texts; graphic novels; digital storytelling; Web-based and multimodal texts; hip-hop; advertisements; math problems; and many other types of texts. Twenty-four complete lessons promote critical literacy skills such as comprehending, analyzing, and synthesizing information and using writing to communicate new ideas and pose questions. Snapshots of diverse classrooms are accompanied by clear explanations of the research base for instruction in each genre. Ready-to-use reproducibles are included.
More from this author
More Language Arts
- Academic > Education > Theory and practice of education > Elementary or public school education
- Education > Elementary
- Education > Teaching Methods & Materials
- Language Arts & Disciplines > Reading Skills
- Language Arts & Disciplines > Literacy
- Language Arts & Disciplines > Semantics
- Juvenile Nonfiction