The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
Introduction to Homeland Security
Principles of All-Hazards Risk Management
Bullock, Haddow, and Coppola have set the standard for homeland security textbooks, and they follow up best-selling third edition with this substantially improved version. As with its predecessor, the book clearly delineates the bedrock principles of preparing for, mitigating, managing, and recovering from emergencies and disasters. However, this new edition emphasizes their value with improved clarity and focus. What’s more, it has been thoroughly revised to include changes that are based on transformations relevant to the political, budgetary, and legal aspects of homeland security that have changed since the 2008 Presidential election (and subsequent change in the administration). These include: new chapters on intelligence and counterterrorism, border security, transportation security, and cybersecurity; an expansion of material on the organization of the Department of Homeland Security; strategic and philosophical changes that are recommended and/or that have occurred as a result of the Quadrennial Homeland Security Review completed in 2010; updated budgetary information on both homeland security programs, and on the homeland security grants that have supported safety and security actions at the state and local levels, as well as in the private sector; and changes in the way the public perceives and receives information about security risk, including the possible elimination of the Homeland Security Advisory System.
* New chapter that focuses specifically on the border and transportation security missions * An increased focus on cyber security and infrastructure security, both of which are rapidly growing in importance in the homeland security field among officials at all levels * A companion website that includes a full online Instructor’s Guide, Student Test Bank, PowerPoint Lecture Slides, Blackboard Modules, and streaming video
688 pages; ISBN 9780124159686
, or download in or
More from this author
- Academic > Sociology > Social pathology. Social and public welfare. Criminology > Criminology > Crimes and offenses
- Academic > Sociology > Social pathology. Social and public welfare. Criminology > Social service. Social work. Charity organization and practice
- Academic > Sociology > Social pathology. Social and public welfare. Criminology > Refugee problems
- Current Events > Warfare & Terrorism
- Political Science > Political Freedom & Security > Terrorism
- Political Science > Federal Government
- Business > Management