My Double Life
Sexty Yeers of Farquharson Around with Don Harn
The colourful story of Don Harron’s 77-year career in the entertainment business.
After 15 books about somebody else (mostly alter ego Charlie Farquharson) plus one book by his drag-queen character, Charlie’s rich city cousin Valerie Rosedale, Don Harron now presents the story of his 77-year stint in the entertainment business.
The actor’s colourful career includes such highlights as making money in 1935 as a 10-year-old cartoonist doing mother-and-son banquets; winning an ACTRA Award as best radio host for Morningside; six stage shows on Broadway, three in London’s West End, and 10 years of Shakespeare in three countries; a Gemini Award for lifetime achievement; writing the lyrics for five musicals, including Anne of Green Gables; and being appointed to the Canadian Country Music Hall of Honours due to his appearances on Hee Haw.
Whether playing a serious stage role or hamming it up as Charlie Farquharson, Harron is always insightful and provides a unique perspective on a long life in the entertainment business.
408 pages; ISBN 9781459705524
, or download in or
Title: My Double Life
Author: Don Harron
- Academic > Literature > Drama > Special types > Special regions or countries
- Academic > Literature > Authorship > Technique. Literary composition, etc.
- Academic > Performing Arts > Theater
- Academic > Performing Arts > Special regions or countries
- Academic > Literature > Periodicals
- Academic > Literature > Societies
- Performing Arts > Radio
- Performing Arts > Television
- Biography & Autobiography > Entertainment & Performing Arts