Blues Harmonica For Dummies
Blues harmonica is the most popular and influential style ofharmonica playing, and it forms the basis for playing harmonica inother styles such as rock and country. Blues Harmonica forDummies gives you a wealth of content devoted to the bluesapproach—specific techniques and applications, includingbending and making your notes sound richer and fuller withtongue-blocked enhancements; use of amplification to develop ablues sound; blues licks and riffs; constructing a blues harmonicasolo; accompanying singers; historical development of blues styles;and important blues players and recordings.
The accompanying audio CD features all the musical examples fromthe book, plus play-along exercises and songs that let you hear thesound you're striving for.
- In-depth coverage of major blues harmonica techniques
- Blues song forms, improvisation, and accompanying singers
- Information on blues history and personalities
If you're intrigued by the idea of understanding and masteringthe compelling (yet mysterious) art of playing blues on theharmonica, Blues Harmonica For Dummies has you covered.
CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not includedas part of the e-book file, but are available for download afterpurchase
360 pages; ISBN 9781118282496
, or download in or
Title: Blues Harmonica For Dummies
Author: Winslow Yerxa
- Academic > Performing Arts > Instruction and study > Instrumental techniques > Percussion and other instruments
- Academic > Performing Arts > Instruction and study > Music theory
- Academic > Performing Arts > Instruction and study > Improvisation. Accompaniment. Transposition
- Music > Musical Instruments
- Crafts & Hobbies