Blues Harmonica For Dummies
Blues harmonica is the most popular and influential style of harmonica playing, and it forms the basis for playing harmonica in other styles such as rock and country. Blues Harmonica for Dummies gives you a wealth of content devoted to the blues approach—specific techniques and applications, including bending and making your notes sound richer and fuller with tongue-blocked enhancements; use of amplification to develop a blues sound; blues licks and riffs; constructing a blues harmonica solo; accompanying singers; historical development of blues styles; and important blues players and recordings.
The accompanying audio CD features all the musical examples from the book, plus play-along exercises and songs that let you hear the sound you're striving for.
- In-depth coverage of major blues harmonica techniques
- Blues song forms, improvisation, and accompanying singers
- Information on blues history and personalities
If you're intrigued by the idea of understanding and mastering the compelling (yet mysterious) art of playing blues on the harmonica, Blues Harmonica For Dummies has you covered.
CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of the e-book file, but are available for download after purchase
360 pages; ISBN 9781118282496
, or download in or
Title: Blues Harmonica For Dummies
Author: Winslow Yerxa
To Selena, with Love 2012 US$ 11.99 304 pages
Up and Down with the Rolling Stones 2011 US$ 5.99 385 pages
- Academic > Performing Arts > Instruction and study > Instrumental techniques > Percussion and other instruments
- Academic > Performing Arts > Instruction and study > Music theory
- Academic > Performing Arts > Instruction and study > Improvisation. Accompaniment. Transposition
- Music > Musical Instruments
- Crafts & Hobbies