The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Frommer's Japan is completely updated, and features gorgeous color photos of the sights and experiences that await you.
Our author has written about Japan for years, so she's able to provide valuable insights and advice. She'll steer you away from the touristy and the inauthentic and show you the real heart of the Land of the Rising Sun.
- Insider advice on the best travel experiences, like climbing Mount Fuji, exploring Kyoto's Gion District, making a pilgrimage to Sensoji Temple, or riding the Skinkansen Bullet Train, so you're sure to have a fantastic trip. Plus tips for navigating the country's lovely but less-traveled corners, like skiing in Honshu and Hokkaido.
- Where to find the best ryokan to spend a night, the most beautiful kaiseki meal, the best shopping in Tokyo, or the loveliest Zen rock garden.
- Insightful commentary on the culture of old and new Japan to help you peel the onion of the unique synthesis of East and West that meets in the country.
- Opinionated reviews. No bland descriptions and lukewarm recommendations. Our expert writers are passionate about their destinations--they tell it like it is in an engaging and helpful way.
- Exact prices listed for every establishment and activity--no other guides offer such detailed, candid reviews of hotels and restaurants. We include the very best, but also emphasize moderately priced choices for real people.
- User-friendly features including star ratings and special icons to point readers to great finds, excellent values, insider tips, best bets for kids, special moments, and overrated experiences.
A Walk in the Woods 2010 US$ 7.99 304 pages
The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid 2006 US$ 11.99