The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Critical Incident Management
A Complete Response Guide, Second Edition
Terrorism threats and increased school and workplace violence have always generated headlines, but in recent years, the response to these events has received heightened media scrutiny. Critical Incident Management: A Complete Resource Guide, Second Edition provides evidence-based, tested, and proven methodologies applicable to a host of scenarios that may be encountered in the public and private sector.
Filled with tactical direction designed to prevent, contain, manage, and resolve emergencies and critical incidents efficiently and effectively, this volume explores:
- The phases of a critical incident response and tasks that must be implemented to stabilize the scene
- Leadership style and techniques required to manage a critical incident successfully
- The National Incident Management System (NIMS) and the Incident Command System (ICS)
- Guidelines for responding to hazardous materials and weapons of mass destruction incidents
- Critical incident stress management for responders
- Maintaining continuity of business and delivery of products or services in the face of a crisis
- Roles of high-level personnel in setting policy and direction for the response and recovery efforts
Augmented by Seven Critical Tasks™ that have been the industry standard for emergency management and response, the book guides readers through every aspect of a critical incident: from taking initial scene command, to managing resources, to resolution, and finally to recovery and mitigation from the incident.
The authors’ company, BowMac Educational Services, Inc., presently conducts five courses certified by the Department of Homeland Security. These hands-on "Simulation Based" Courses will prepare your personnel to handle any unexpected scenario. For additional information contact: 585-624-9500 or email@example.com.
246 pages; ISBN 9781466516731
, or download in or
- Academic > Economics > Industries. Land use. Labor > Labor. Work. Working class > Labor market. Labor supply. Labor demand
- Academic > Economics > Industries. Land use. Labor > Management. Industrial management > Location of industry
- Academic > Economics > Industries. Land use. Labor > Management. Industrial management > Organizational behavior
- Political Science > Social Services & Welfare > Emergency Services
- Law > Forensic Science
- Law > Criminal Law
- Business > Industries > Service Industries
- Social Science > Social Issues