I'd Like to Apologize to Every Teacher I Ever Had

My Year as a Rookie Teacher at Northeast High

I'd Like to Apologize to Every Teacher I Ever Had by Tony Danza
I’d Like to Apologize to Every Teacher I Ever Had is television, screen and stage star Tony Danza’s absorbing account of a year spent teaching tenth-grade English at Northeast High -- Philadelphia’s largest high school with 3600 students. 

Entering Northeast’s crowded halls in September of 2009, Tony found his way to a classroom filled with twenty-six students who were determined not to cut him any slack.  They cared nothing about “Mr. Danza’s” showbiz credentials, and they immediately put him on the hot seat. 

Featuring indelible portraits of students and teachers alike, I’d Like to Apologize to Every Teacher I Ever Had reveals just how hard it is to keep today’s technologically savvy – and often alienated -- students engaged, how impressively committed most teachers are, and the outsized role counseling plays in a teacher’s day, given the psychological burdens many students carry.  The book also makes vivid how a modern high school works, showing Tony in a myriad of roles – from lecturing on To Kill a Mockingbird to “coaching” the football team to organizing a talent show to leading far-flung field trips to hosting teacher gripe sessions.

A surprisingly poignant account, I’d Like to Apologize to Every Teacher I Ever Had is sometimes laugh-out-loud funny but is mostly filled with hard-won wisdom and feel-good tears.
Crown/Archetype; September 2012
Read online, or download in secure EPUB
Title: I'd Like to Apologize to Every Teacher I Ever Had
Author: Tony Danza

• Contents
Hold me closer, Tony Danza - New York Daily News (blog)
Mon, 10 Sep 2012 16:29:04 -0700
New York Daily News (blog)Hold me closer, Tony DanzaNew York Daily News (blog)I was prepared to loathe Tony Danza's new ...
QA: Tony Danza recounts his year as a teacher, says kids 'victims of our culture' - Fox News
Thu, 20 Sep 2012 06:51:26 -0700
Fox NewsQA: Tony Danza recounts his year as a teacher, says kids 'victims of our culture'Fox NewsFirst aired as a ...
Tony Danza on His New Book About Teaching, 'Who's the Boss,' and 'Twilight' - Daily Beast
Fri, 14 Sep 2012 01:54:45 -0700
Daily BeastTony Danza on His New Book About Teaching, 'Who's the Boss,' and 'Twilight'Daily Beast“I wish my ...
030788788X
9780307887863
9780307887887