The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
The Moral Dilemmas of Spying
These questions are at the heart of James M. OlsonÆs book, Fair Play: The Moral Dilemmas of Spying. Olson, a veteran of the CIAÆs clandestine service, takes readers inside the real world of intelligence to describe the difficult dilemmas that field officers face on an almost daily basis. Far from being a dry theoretical treatise, this fascinating book uses actual intelligence operations to illustrate how murky their moral choices can be. Readers will be surprised to learn that the CIA provides very little guidance on what is, or is not, permissible. Rather than empowering field officers, the author has found that this lack of guidelines actually hampers operations. Olson believes that U.S. intelligence officers need clearer moral guidelines to make correct, quick decisions. Significantly, he believes these guidelines should come from the American public, not from closed-door meetings inside the intelligence community. Fair Play will encourage a broad public debate about the proper moral limits on U.S. intelligence activities.
306 pages; ISBN 9781597973120
, or download in or
More from this author
More Political Science
- Academic > Public Affairs > Public Affairs > United States
- Academic > Public Affairs > Public Affairs > United States > State government
- Academic > Public Affairs > Political institutions and public administration > General. Comparative government > Political rights. Political participation
- Academic > Political Science > Political institutions and public administration (United States) > Capital. Public buildings. Government property. Government purchasing > State government
- Political Science > Political Freedom & Security > Terrorism