Positive Classroom Management Skills for School Librarians

Positive Classroom Management Skills for School Librarians by Kay Bishop

Positive Classroom Management Skills for School Librarians is a rich, highly needed collection of strategies and methods for building and maintaining a positive learning environment in the library classroom. Appropriate for both pre-service and practicing school librarians at all grade levels, this book provides suggested techniques and examples of best practices for managing students in a school library. This invaluable information has been obtained from observations of school librarians and from discussions with pre-service students, and based upon coauthor Kay Bishop's 20 years of experience as a school librarian in various library settings.

Specific topics covered include establishing positive relationships between students and school librarians; characteristics of students in different grade levels; techniques that librarians can use for effectively managing students in the school library; ways to relate with diverse students, including students with special needs; managing students as they utilize technology in library settings; and designing a school library environment to avoid potential discipline problems.

ABC-CLIO; January 2012
Title: Positive Classroom Management Skills for School Librarians
Author: Kay Bishop; Jenny Cahall

Buy, download and read Positive Classroom Management Skills for School Librarians (eBook) by Kay Bishop; Jenny Cahall today!