The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
The Second edition of Architectural Technology addresses these challenges directly. Much greater emphasis is given to the three core themes of the book - Environmental Sustainability; Innovation; and Design. An increase in the visual material included reinforces the critical role of Design, aiding students to better translate conceptual designs into built artefacts.
Building upon solid teaching practice from the previous edition, Architectural Technology is now more concisely structured to take the reader through the whole life cycle of a building, emphasising sustainability and building performance. Material on digital information, building information modelling (BIM) and information communication technologies has been updated. Most chapters have been re-titled to emphasise the importance of design and make the book more accessible to a wider range of students. Chapters conclude with updated/more extensive links to further reading.
Architectural Technology, 2nd Edition:
- Bridges the knowledge gap between design and construction
- Tackles the core subjects of management, technologies and design from a sustainable building angle
- Addresses the buildability and performance of a design from a whole life perspective
Thoroughly revised and updated this undergraduate level textbook is essential for Architectural Technology courses. Students studying Architectural Engineering, Architecture, Building Surveying; and more general Construction courses, will find the material invaluable.
224 pages; ISBN 9781444361049
, or download in or
More from this author
The Social Logic of Space 1984 US$ 50.00 298 pages
Architecture For Dummies 2011 US$ 21.99 336 pages
- Academic > Performing Arts > Theaters > Theaters > Theaters > By city and building A-Z
- Academic > Performing Arts > Theaters > Theaters > 1821- > General works
- Academic > Performing Arts > Theatrical costume and costume design > Materials and articles of clothing > Rings, bracelets, armillae, etc. > 1821-
- Academic > Architecture, Landscape > Architecture > General
- Academic > Architecture, Landscape > Architecture > General works
- Academic > Architecture, Landscape > Architecture > Architectural criticism
- Academic > Performing Arts > Theaters > Theaters > By city and building A-Z
- Academic > Visual Arts > Architecture
- Academic > Visual Arts > Architecture > General
- Academic > Visual Arts > Architecture > General works
- Academic > Visual Arts > Architecture > Architectural criticism
- Academic > Performing Arts > Theaters > Other countries A-Z
- Academic > Economics
- Architecture > Design & Drafting
- Architecture > Urban & Land Use Planning