The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
The Samoan Tangle
A Study in Anglo-German-American Relations 1878-1900
Exploring the diplomatic negotiations that led to the division of the Samoan Islands between Germany, Great Britain and the USA in 1899, it is a significant study of international relations between the three late nineteenth century super powers. The Pacific Islands were pawns in an international diplomatic chess game that involved Britain’s early, but often unwilling, acquisition of Pacific territory; Germany’s scramble to get its share to bolster its prestige and trading interests; and the USA’s late, but insistent, demands for its place in the Pacific.
What emerges in The Samoan Tangle is a detailed study of late nineteenth century international relations that reminds us how often the Pacific Islands have been used to satisfy great power plays on the other side of the globe.
325 pages; ISBN 9781921902079
, or download in or
History for the IB Diploma: Civil Rights and Social Movements in the Americas 2012 US$ 16.00 242 pages
Twelve Years a Slave 2013 US$ 0.99 352 pages
- Academic > History > United States > Diplomatic history. Foreign and general relations. > Relations with individual countries
- Academic > History > United States > History > Political history
- Academic > History > America > General
- History > Military > World War I
- History > Military > World War II
- History > Australia & Oceania
- Political Science