Rendering in SketchUp
From Modeling to Presentation for Architecture, Landscape Architecture and Interior Design
Rendering In SketchUp provides instructions for creating3D photoreal graphics for SketchUp models using integratedrendering programs. The book serves as a beginner rendering manualand reference guide to further develop rendering skills. With anemphasis on step-by-step process, SketchUp users learn a universalapproach to rendering varied SketchUp projects, includingarchitecture, interiors, and site design models.
The book focuses on tasks and principles at the core ofphotorealistic rendering, including:
- Rendering process: Learn a step-by-step process focusedon workflow within SketchUp’s familiar workspace.
- Universal method: Understand how the process can be usedto work with a variety of different integrated rendering programs,including Shaderlight, SU Podium and Twilight Render**. Theseprograms are easy to learn and function in SketchUp.
- Textures and materials: Discover how to obtain, applyand edit texture images representing surfaces.
- Component details: Learn how to acquire and organizemodel details to allow for rich, expressive settings whilemaintaining computer and SketchUp performance.
- Exterior and simulated lighting: Learn to set exteriorlighting with the SketchUp’s Shadow menu or illuminate ascene with simulated lights, lamps, and bulbs.
- Render settings: Use specific settings for variousrendering programs to quickly set texture character, image quality,and graphic output.
- Computer specifications: Find out how computers producerenders and the type of computer hardware required to streamlinethe process.
- Photoshop post-processing: Learn how to further refinerendered images in Photoshop.
- **Free online chapters: The book reviews specificsettings for SketchUp and the rendering plug-in Shaderlight. Giventhe ever-changing nature of technology, free, online accompanyingchapters detail settings for additional integrated renderingprograms including SU Podium, Twilight Render, and more.
432 pages; ISBN 9781118330012
, or download in or
Title: Rendering in SketchUp
Author: Daniel Tal