The Lean Entrepreneur
How Visionaries Create Products, Innovate with New Ventures, and Disrupt Markets
You are not a Visionary . . . yet. The Lean Entrepreneur shows you how to become one.
Most of us believe entrepreneurial visionaries are born, not made. Our media glorify business outliers like Bezos, Branson, Gates, and Jobs as heroes with X-ray vision who can look to the future, see clearly what will be, imagine a fully formed product or experience, and then simply make the vision real.
Many in our entrepreneur community still believe that to be visionary, we must merely execute on a seemingly good idea and ignore all doubt. With this mindset, companies build doomed products in a vacuum; enterprises make ill-fated innovation investment decisions; and employees and shareholders come along for an uncomfortable ride.
Falling prey to the Myth of the Visionary confuses talented entrepreneurs, product managers, innovators, and investors. It leads us to heartbreaking, costly, and preventable failures in new product and venture development.
The Lean Entrepreneur moves us beyond this myth. It combines powerful customer insight, rapid experimentation, and easily actionable data from the Lean Startup methodology to empower individuals, companies, and entire teams to evolve their vision, solve problems, and create value at the speed of the Internet.
Anyone can be visionary. The Lean Entrepreneur shows you how to:
- Apply actionable tips, tricks, and hacks from successful lean entrepreneurs
- Leverage the Innovation Spectrum to disrupt existing markets and create new ones
- Drive strategies for efficient market testing with Minimal Viable Products
- Engage customers with Viability Testing and radically reduce the time and budget for product development
- Rapidly create cross-functional innovation teams that devour roadblocks and set new benchmarks
- Bring your organization critical focus on the power of loyal customers and valuable products you can build to serve them
- Leverage instructive tools, skill-building exercises, and worksheets along with bonus online videos
176 pages; ISBN 9781118331866
, or download in or
Title: The Lean Entrepreneur
Author: Brant Cooper; Patrick Vlaskovits; Eric Ries
The World's Most Powerful Leadership Principle 2004 US$ 13.99 224 pages
To Sell Is Human 2012 US$ 12.99 256 pages