The Lean Entrepreneur
How Visionaries Create Products, Innovate with New Ventures, and Disrupt Markets
You are not a Visionary… yet.
The Lean Entrepreneur shows you how to become one.
Most of us believe entrepreneurial visionaries are born, not made.Our media glorify business outliers like Bezos, Branson, Gates, andJobs as heroes with X-ray vision who can look to the future, seeclearly what will be, imagine a fully formed product or experienceand then, simply make the vision real.
Many in our entrepreneur community still believe that to bevisionary, we must merely execute on a seemingly good idea andignore all doubt. With this mindset, companies build doomedproducts in a vacuum; enterprises make ill-fated innovationinvestment decisions; and employees and shareholders come along foran uncomfortable ride.
Falling prey to the Myth of the Visionary confuses talentedentrepreneurs, product managers, innovators and investors. It leadsus to heartbreaking, costly and preventable failures in newproduct and venture development.
The Lean Entrepreneur moves us beyond this myth. It combinespowerful customer insight, rapid experimentation and easilyactionable data from the Lean Startup methodology to empowerindividuals, companies, and entire teams to evolve their vision,solve problems, and create value at the speed of the Internet.
Anyone can be visionary. The LeanEntrepreneur shows you how to:
- Apply actionable tips, tricks and hacks from successful leanentrepreneurs.
- Leverage the Innovation Spectrum to disrupt existing marketsand create new ones.
- Drive strategies for efficient market testing with MinimalViable Products.
- Engage customers with Viability Testing and radically reducetime and budget for product development.
- Rapidly create cross-functional innovation teams that devourroadblocks and set new benchmarks.
- Bring your organization critical focus on the power of loyalcustomers and valuable products you can build to servethem.
176 pages; ISBN 9781118331866
, or download in or
Title: The Lean Entrepreneur
Author: Brant Cooper; Patrick Vlaskovits; Eric Ries
The SPEED of Trust 2006 US$ 12.99 384 pages
A Gentle Introduction to Optimization 2014 US$ 32.00 284 pages