The CIO Playbook
Strategies and Best Practices for IT Leaders to Deliver Value
As our economy shifts from recession to recovery, our current economic climate is ripe for transformation. CIOs are in a unique position to leverage technology in order to drive innovation and boost business growth.
The CIO Playbook is the handy desk reference for CIOs, CEOs, CFOs, and up and coming leaders, revealing a dynamic seven-step framework (Partner – Organize – Innovate – Deliver – Support – Protect – Grow) that will guide you in making essential changes to your organization.
The proven strategies, tools, and techniques in The CIO Playbook make it the ultimate "how-to" resource for creating a high-performance IT organization that delivers value-added products and services to employees, customers, and shareholders. Author Nicholas Colisto provides solutions to the issues that concern business leaders and IT practitioners, including:
- How to truly partner with business peers
- Delivering high-quality products and services that are embraced by your user community
- How to ensure your team is focused on the right innovations
- Measuring performance and running your department like a business
- Ways to attract, motivate, and retain a talented team working toward a common vision
- Managing risks to operate effectively and protect corporate reputation
Featuring online templates for each of the seven steps described in the book, The CIO Playbook can help you transform your IT department from a mere order taker to a high-performance organization that delivers extraordinary business outcomes, despite this era of turbulent economic challenges.
, or download in or
Title: The CIO Playbook
Author: Nicholas R. Colisto
- Academic > Economics > Industries. Land use. Labor > Large industry. Factory system. Big business > Cooperation. Cooperative societies
- Academic > Economics > Industries. Land use. Labor > Management. Industrial management
- Academic > Economics > Industries. Land use. Labor > Industry
- Business > Management
- Business > Information Management