The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Sleeping, Dreaming, and Dying
An Exploration of Consciousness
Sleeping, Dreaming, and Dying is an absorbing account of the expanding dialogue between leading Western scientists and the foremost representative of Buddhism today, the Dalai Lama of Tibet. Revolving around three key moments of consciousness sleep, dreams, and death the conversations recorded here are both engrossing and highly readable. Narrated by Francisco Varela, an internationally recognized neuroscientist, the book begins with insightful remarks on the notion of personal identity by noted philosopher Charles Taylor, author of the acclaimed Sources of Self. This sets the stage for Dr. Jerome Engel, Dr. Joyce MacDougal and others to engage in extraordinary exchanges with the Dalai Lama on topics ranging from the neurology of sleep to the yoga of dreams. The conversations also reveal provocative divergences of opinion, as when the Dalai Lama expresses skepticism about "Near Death Experiences" as presented by Joan Halifax.
More Body Mind
The Secret 2007 US$ 12.99 216 pages
Happiness at Work: Be Resilient, Motivated, and Successful - No Matter What 2010 US$ 22.95 257 pages
- Academic > Religion > Indian Religions > Buddhism > Doctrinal and systematic Buddhism > Special topics and relations to special subjects
- Academic > Religion > Indian Religions > Buddhism > Societies, councils, associations, clubs, etc.
- Academic > Religion > Indian Religions > Buddhism > History
- Religion > Buddhism
- Body Mind & Spirit > Mysticism
- Body Mind & Spirit > Dreams