The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
An Introduction to Applied and Environmental Geophysics
The level of mathematics and physics is deliberately kept to a minimum but is described qualitatively within the text. Relevant mathematical expressions are separated into boxes to supplement the text. The book is profusely illustrated with many figures, photographs and line drawings, many never previously published. Key source literature is provided in an extensive reference section; a list of web addresses for key organisations is also given in an appendix as a valuable additional resource.
- Covers new techniques such as Magnetic Resonance Sounding, Controlled- Source EM, shear-wave seismic refraction, and airborne gravity and EM techniques
- Now includes radioactivity surveying and more discussions of down-hole geophysical methods; hydrographic and Sub-Bottom Profiling surveying; and UneXploded Ordnance detection
- Expanded to include more forensic, archaeological, glaciological, agricultural and bio-geophysical applications
- Includes more information on physio-chemical properties of geological, engineering and environmental materials
- Takes a fully global approach
- Companion website with additional resources available at www.wiley.com/go/reynolds/introduction2e
- Accessible core textbook for undergraduates as well as an ideal reference for industry professionals
The second edition is ideal for students wanting a broad introduction to the subject and is also designed for practising civil and geotechnical engineers, geologists, archaeologists and environmental scientists who need an overview of modern geophysical methods relevant to their discipline. While the first edition was the first textbook to provide such a comprehensive coverage of environmental geophysics, the second edition is even more far ranging in terms of techniques, applications and case histories.
More from this author
- An Introduction to Applied and Environmental Geophysics2011US$ 146.95712 pages
- An Introduction to Applied and Environmental Geophysics2011US$ 78.00712 pages
Life 2011 US$ 12.99
The Feynman Lectures on Physics, Desktop Edition Volume I 2013 US$ 40.00 536 pages