The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
The Breast Cancer Survival Manual, Fifth Edition
A Step-By-Step Guide for Women with Newly Diagnosed Breast Cancer
The updated edition of the essential resource for the 250,000 women diagnosed with breast cancer each year
Breast cancer is the leading cause of death in women from thirty-five to fifty-four years of age, and few things are as terrifying and confusing as a diagnosis of this disease. The fifth edition of The Breast Cancer Survival Manual is a concise, information-packed guide that is newly revised to contain all of the latest findings to help the woman facing treatment feel informed and empowered. John Link, M.D., a pioneer developer of Breastlink Medical Group in Southern California includes the most current medical advice on
• Tamoxifen, Herceptin, and other chemotherapy options
• The growing importance of HER2 oncogene testing
• Clinical research trials under way that could broaden treatment options
• The role of preventive drugs and prophylactic mastectomy for those with high genetic risk
• Sentinel lymph node sampling, a method of local control soon to become standard
Of course, all of the basic information included in the previous editions—the nature and biology of breast cancer, choosing a treatment team, managing side effects, and optimizing medication—are here as well, making this the best book of its kind on the market.
256 pages; ISBN 9781429961486