Clinical Case Formulations

Matching the Integrative Treatment Plan to the Client

Clinical Case Formulations by Barbara Lichner Ingram
"[Barbara Ingram has put] a career into the development of this book and it is wonderful! My students love that it is written with them in mind and they love the statements designed to reduce anxiety and normalize the learning process. This is an excellent book!"
Amy M Reese-Turyn, PhD, Associate Professor of Counseling Psychology, Lewis & Clark College

"Dr. Ingram's book is a tremendous accomplishment and contribution. She provides a step-by-step, systematic guide to case formulation and treatment planning that is simultaneously creative, integrative, evidence-based, practical and wise. All clinicians, regardless of experience or theoretical orientation, would benefit from reading it."
Tracy D. Eells, MBA, PhD, Professor, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of Louisville

"This is an expanded version of what already was one of the most encompassing approaches to psychotherapy integration. Ingram also has added much important material on cultural considerations. The method that is described allows the clinician to approach each patient with a carefully thought out treatment plan. By taking existential and spiritual concerns into account, it goes well beyond the usual problem centered approaches. I am happy to recommend it to all practitioners."
George Stricker, Professor of Psychology, Argosy University, Washington DC

"Two major splits dominate the field of psychotherapy today: alienation between researchers and practitioners, and the fragmentation of theoretical approaches into self-contained, frequently warring subgroups. In this contentious environment, Ingram's important book is a wonderful breath of fresh air, for she develops a dramatically successful conceptual and practical model for bridging these splits. Her approach masterfully does this first by developing a generic case formulation paradigm that is both theory and data friendly for researchers, and individual-case friendly for practitioners. Second, in a far-ranging and seamless integration of the field, Ingram demonstrates how her case formulation model can incorporate concepts and principles from a wide variety of theoretical orientations, vividly showing how the different approaches can provide complementary perspectives on the same case. This complementarily in turn provides more options for treatment planning and intervention so as to best shape the therapy to the specific clinical needs and contexts of the individual client, while at the same time providing rich material to facilitate the further development and refinement of the theories."
Daniel B. Fishman, PhD, Professor, Graduate School of Applied and Professional Psychology, Rutgers University

Wiley; November 2011
Title: Clinical Case Formulations
Author: Barbara Lichner Ingram

Buy, download and read Clinical Case Formulations (eBook) by Barbara Lichner Ingram today!