The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
Islam in Victorian Britain
The Life and Times of Abdullah Quilliam
This is the first full biography of Abdullah Quilliam (1856?1932), the most significant Muslim personality in nineteenth century Britain. Uniquely ennobled as the Sheikh of Islam of the British Isles by the Ottoman caliph Sultan Abdul Hamid II in 1893, Quilliam created a remarkable Muslim community in Victorian Liverpool, which included a substantial number of converts. Ron Geaves examines Quilliam's teachings and considers his legacy for Muslims today.
Ron Geaves is professor of the comparative study of religion at Liverpool Hope University and has contributed substantially to the study of British Islam, religion in South Asia, and fieldwork in religious studies.
208 pages; ISBN 9781847740380
, or download in or
More from this author
- Academic > Religion > Abrahamic Religions > Islam > General
- Academic > Religion > Abrahamic Religions > Islam > Works in defense of Islam. Islamic apologetics
- Academic > Religion > Abrahamic Religions > Islam > Missionary work of Islam
- Religion > Islam
- Biography & Autobiography > Religious
- Biography & Autobiography > Historical