Introduction to Education Studies
'Highly readable and comprehensive introduction to education studies.' - Robert Legg, Senior Lecturer, Westminster Institute of Education at Oxford Brookes University
Education Studies is a broad, multi-disciplinary and rapidly growing field. Introduction to Education Studies has proven itself to be the key text for students of the subject for over a decade, leading readers through the field's key strands, concepts and applications without assuming any prior knowledge.
Bartlett and Burton provide first-time students and those engaged in more advanced aspects of the subject with all the tools that they need to approach Education Studies and also encourage a critical, questioning approach which will put them in good stead for further study and professional practice.
The new edition includes:
- A new chapter on globalisation and international comparative education
- A new companion website featuring online journal articles relating to each chapter
- More guidance on how to critique research
- More 'Reader Reflection' boxes, encouraging students to reflect on their own practice throughout
- A new framework for analysing policy
- New sections within the curriculum and the history of schooling chapters reflecting the latest UK developments
- Complete update of education policy issues
Additional online resources at www.uk.sagepub.com/bartlett3e
Also available are free journal articles accompanying each chapter of the book, enabling discussion and further reading to deepen students knowlege of each chapter subject.
Steve Bartlett is Professor of Education Studies at the University of Wolverhampton.
Diana Burton is Professor of Education and Pro Vice Chancellor at Liverpool John Moores University.
400 pages; ISBN 9781446289181
, or download in or
Title: Introduction to Education Studies
Author: Steve Bartlett; Diana M Burton
Worksheets Don't Grow Dendrites 2010 US$ 33.95 169 pages
Biology for the IB Diploma 2015 US$ 47.00 415 pages