Surgery PreTest Self-Assessment and Review 13/E

***IF YOU WANT TO UPDATE THE INFORMATION ON YOUR TITLE SHEET, THEN YOU MUST UPDATE COPY IN THE "PRODUCT INFORMATION COPY" FIELD. COPY IN THE "TIPSHEET COPY" FIELD DOES NOT APPEAR ON TITLE SHEETS.***

Surgery: PreTest gives you 500 USMLE-format questions, answers, and concise but comprehensive explanations of correct and incorrect answer options to boost exam-day performance.

Market / Audience
Primary Market:
3rd and 4th year US medical students in required rotations (18,000.yr.)
Secondary Market:
Foreign medical graduates preparing for the USMLE Step 2 CK

About the Book
The PreTest Clinical Science Series prepares medical students for USMLE Step 2 CK, which assesses students? medical knowledge of core clinical topics with multiple-choice and matching questions. Useful as reviews for clerkship exams following core clinical rotations, each PreTest book contains 500 questions with complete but concise answers referenced to leading textbooks and journal articles. Discussions review correct and incorrect answer options to reinforce learning.

The 13th edition of Surgery: PreTest simulates the USMLE Step 2 CK test-taking experience by including 100% vignette-style questions and updates on the latest surgical techniques. To ensure that questions are representative of the style and level of difficulty of the exam, each PreTest book is reviewed by students who either recently passed Step 2 of the boards or completed their Surgery rotation.

Key Selling Features

• 500 USMLE Step 2 CK-format questions, answers, and explanations address the clerkship's core competencies
  • Complete explanations discuss right and wrong answer options
  • Includes multiple-choice and matching questions
  • Referenced to authoritative texts and seminal articles for further reading
  • Student-tested and reviewed
  • USMLE-format Q&A provides self-assessment and needed practice before exam day
  • Written by clerkship educators that understand what students need to learn
  • References to current textbooks provide context for answer explanations
  • Student-tested and reviewed to ensure questions are relevant to exams

About the Authors
Lillian Kao, MD is Assistant Professor and Co-Director the Surgery Clerkship at University of Texas-Houston Medical School?s LBJ Hospital site in downtown Houston, Texas.

Tammy Lee, MD is on the teaching faculty in the Surgery Clerkship at University of Texas-Houston Medical School in Houston, Texas.

McGraw-Hill Education; March 2012
Read online, or download in EPUB or secure PDF format