The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
Android Tablets Made Simple
Get the most out of your Android 3.0 Honeycomb tablet with Android Tablets Made Simple - learn all the key features, understand what's new, and utilize dozens of time-saving tips and tricks.
Android Tablets Made Simple includes over 500 pages of easy-to-read instructions and over 1,000 carefully annotated screen shots to guide you to Android tablet mastery. You'll never be left wondering, How did they do that?"
This book guides you through:
* Finding and purchasing the right Android tablet * Understanding the Android Honeycomb interface * Downloading and using tablet apps What you'll learn * Connect your tablet to wireless networks, including 3G, 4G, and Wi-Fi * Make video calls to your friends and colleagues * Download and read eBooks, newspapers, and magazines in your new compact library * Connect with friends and coworkers through e-mail and social networks * Unleash your creative side with photo editing and drawing tools * Troubleshoot minor problems with your tablet without having to wait on hold with tech support Who this book is for This book is for new and potential owners of Android-based tablets running Android 3 (Honeycomb) and above. These devices include the Motorola Xoom, the Galaxy Tab 4G, and devices by Toshiba, Asus, and others. Table of Contents A Day in the Life With a Tablet (inside cover) Quick Start Guide Introduction * What Is Android?
Choosing the Right Tablet * Getting Started * Typing, Copy, and Search * Syncing Your Tablet With Google * Setting up Other Accounts * Understanding Connection: Wi-Fi, 3G, and 4G * Icons and Widgets, and Tabs * Email and Instant Messaging * Managing Contacts * Working With Calendars * Using Maps * Browsing the Web * The Android Market * Alternative App Markets * Social Media * Video Conferencing and Skype * Reading E-books, Newspapers, and Magazines on Your Tablet * Taking Notes and Working With Documents * Viewing Videos and Movies on Your Tablet * Creating Photos, Videos, and Art on Android * Listening to Music * Games on Tablets * The Clock, Calculator, and Other Utilities * Connecting Your Tablet to Keyboards, Docks, Computers, and TVs Troubleshooting Appendix: App Guide for Tablets
346 pages; ISBN 9781430236726
, or download in
More from this author
- Academic > Computer Science > Computers - special aspects > Computer Brands > IBM 1130 ; Programming
- Academic > Mathematics > General > Mathematics
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer science
- Academic > Computer Science > Electronic data processing
- Academic > Computer Science > Pen-based computers
- Academic > Mathematics > Instruments and machines
- Academic > Mathematics > Geometry. Trigonometry.Topology