Handbook Timing Belts
Principles, Calculations, Applications
Timing belts offer a broad range of innovative drivetrain solutions; they allow low-backlash operation in robot systems, they are widely used in automated processes and industrial handling involving highly dynamic start-up loads, they are low-maintenance solutions for continuous operation applications, and they can guarantee exact positioning at high operating speeds.
Based on his years of professional experience, the author has developed concise guidelines for the dimensioning of timing belt drives and presents proven examples from the fields of power transmission, transport and linear transfer technology. He offers definitive support for dealing with and compensating for adverse operating conditions and belt damage, as well as advice on drive optimization and guidelines for the design of drivetrain details and supporting systems. All market-standard timing belts are listed as brand neutral. Readers will discover an extensive bibliography with information on the various manufacturers and their websites.
This practical handbook addresses both the needs of application engineers working in design, development and machine-building, and is well-suited as a textbook for students at universities and vocational schools alike.
275 pages; ISBN 9783642177552
, or download in
Title: Handbook Timing Belts
Author: Raimund Perneder; Ian Osborne
- Academic > Engineering > Mechanical engineering and machinery > Machinery exclusive of prime movers
- Academic > Engineering > Engineering (General). Civil engineering (General) > Engineering design
- Academic > Engineering > Engineering (General). Civil engineering (General) > Applied optics. Photonics
- Academic > Engineering > Industrial engineering. Management engineering > Standardization
- Academic > Engineering > Industrial engineering. Management engineering > Automation
- Transportation > Automotive
- Technology > Robotics
- Technology > Industrial Technology
- Technology > Engineering
- Technology > Power Resources