Thermo-Gas Dynamics of Hydrogen Combustion and Explosion
The potential of hydrogen as an important future energy source has generated fresh interest in the study of hydrogenous gas mixtures. Indeed, both its high caloricity and reactivity are unique properties, the latter underscoring safety considerations when handling such mixtures.
The present monograph is devoted to the various aspects of hydrogen combustion and explosion processes. In addition to theoretical and phenomenological considerations, this work also collates the results of many experiments from less well known sources. The text reviews the literature in this respect, thereby providing valuable information about the thermo-gas-dynamical parameters of combustion processes for selected experimental settings in a range of scientific and industrial applications.
338 pages; ISBN 9783642253522
, or download in
Title: Thermo-Gas Dynamics of Hydrogen Combustion and Explosion
Author: Boris E. Gelfand; Mikhail V. Silnikov; Sergey P. Medvedev; Sergey V. Khomik
- Academic > Engineering > Electrical engineering. Electronics. Nuclear engineering > Nuclear engineering. Atomic power
- Academic > Engineering > Mechanical engineering and machinery > Heat engines
- Academic > Mathematics > Analytic mechanics > Aerodynamics
- Academic > Mathematics > General > Logic, Symbolic and mathematical
- Technology > Engineering > Mechanical
- Science > Thermodynamics
- Science > Mechanics
- Technology > Power Resources