The Need for an Integrated Regulatory Regime for Aviation and Space
ICAO for Space?
In the new space age after the end of the Cold War, orbit and frequency allocations, traffic control, safety, and a number of support services such as space weather forecast and orbital debris monitoring need to be coordinated transparently and effectively by clear rules at an international level. The establishment of an international civil space regulatory framework is the central theme of this book, in particular, the possible extension to space of the international regulatory framework model adopted for aviation more than 60 years ago with the establishment of the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO).
The book also highlights the increased reliance of aviation safety on space-based navigation and communication systems, the increasing space systems traffic through the international airspace under the jurisdiction of the ICAO, and the emerging hybrid systems such as aero-spacecraft and space planes, to advocate the practical benefits of directly expanding the ICAO Convention domain beyond the airspace to include outer space up to the geosynchronous orbit.
200 pages; ISBN 9783709107188
, or download in
Title: The Need for an Integrated Regulatory Regime for Aviation and Space
New Digital Storytelling, The: Creating Narratives with New Media 2011 US$ 49.00 296 pages
The E-Myth Revisited 2009 US$ 10.99 288 pages
- Academic > Law > Law in general. Comparative and uniform law. Jurisprudence > Comparative law. International uniform law > Regulation of industry, trade, and commerce. Occupational law > Transportation and communication
- Academic > Law > Law in general. Comparative and uniform law. Jurisprudence > Jurisprudence. Philosophy and theory of law > Schools of legal theory > Natural law
- Academic > Law > Law in general. Comparative and uniform law. Jurisprudence > Bibliography
- Business > Development > Research & Development
- Transportation > Aviation
- Law > International
- Law > Public
- Technology > Aeronautics & Astronautics
- Business > Production & Operations Management