The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
Natural Resources - Technology, Economics & Policy
Natural resources management has two principal dimensions :
- Science-illuminated (earth, space, hydrological, pedological, information, etc. sciences) management of local resources (waters, soils, bioresources, minerals, rocks, sediments, etc.) in an ecologically-sustainable manner, and
- Value-addition through processing of natural products, through the application of technology is most marked in the case of some mineral products.
The wellness of a community is dependent upon the security of food, water, environment and energy. Such a security is best realised through science-illuminated (earth, space, hydrological, pedological, information) management of local resources (waters, soils, bioresources, minerals, rocks, sediments, etc.) in an ecologically-sustainable and people-participatory manner, plus value-addition through processing of natural products. Moreover, the addition of value may increase a community’s wealth by advanced technologies, trading, exchange of knowledge, etc. Moreover, activities, employment and many other things come along with the availability of natural resources, which will require and affect policy.
This volume provides guidelines for the implementation of technological, economical and policy advances in dealing with various aspects of natural resources. It is intended for researchers, professionals and students in environmental and earth sciences, mining, geography, sociology, economics and for policy makers and investors searching for potential in the natural resources industry. Ideal for consultation in combination with the editor's related publications Green Energy: Technology, Economics and Policy, Energy Portfolios and Food and Water Security.
504 pages; ISBN 9781136342783
, or download in
More from this author
- Academic > Earth Sciences > Environmental sciences > Periodicals and societies
- Academic > Earth Sciences > Environmental sciences > Dictionaries and encyclopedias
- Academic > Earth Sciences > Environmental sciences > General works
- Academic > Environmental Sciences > Societies, etc
- Academic > Environmental Sciences > Encyclopedias
- Academic > Geography > Environmental sciences
- Science > Environmental Science
- Technology > Environmental Engineering & Technology
- Business > Environmental Economics