Understanding Health Policy, Sixth Edition

***IF YOU WANT TO UPDATE THE INFORMATION ON YOUR TITLE SHEET, YOU MUST UPDATE COPY IN THE "PRODUCT INFORMATION COPY" FIELD. COPY IN THE "TIPSHEET COPY" FIELD DOES NOT APPEAR ON TITLE SHEETS.***

The leading concise textbook for health professions students on key issues driving healthcare finance, reimbursement, and organization

Market / Audience
medical students
public health students
pharmacy students
health professions students
NP and PA students
clinicians and nurses

About the Book
Understanding Health Policy is one of the most successful textbooks in the McGraw Hill/Lange medical lists. This is on account of a very large market and the book's lucid, concise, and clinical coverage of basic issues in health policy and financing. Health professions and medical students use the book in courses that may span a week to three months. The book features an explicity clinical approach, using case examples to highlight key issues in policy.

A revision of the book is needed at this time to address to catch up with highly significant events in health policy over the last two years. This includes the new healthcare reform act, pieces of which are already entering into law and which affect insurance coverage. As the revision is prepared, the authors will carefully monitor policy and legal issues involving the new law. As the Act is not fully in effect until 2014, we will have time before then to put out a new edition that fully reflects the final law and its various provisions.

Key Selling Features

• The leading textbook for health policy and systems
  • Updated throughout to reflect recent changes in the recently enacted health reform act, insurance coverage, and health care expenditures
  • Expanded coverage of global issues in health policy
  • Extensive use of case histories put difficult concepts into clinical context
  • Extensive coverage of the health care work force, including sections on physicians, registered nurses, advanced practice nurses, and pharmacists and on women and minorities in the health professions
  • Includes "Questions and Discussion Topics" for classroom or individual study
  • CLINICAL coverage of policy issues that are usually dry and boring. Health professions students learn about policy in a refreshing clinical context.

About the Authors
Thomas Bodenheimer, MD
Professor of Family Medicine
UCSF School of Medicine
San Francisco, CA

Kevin Grumbach, MD
Chair, Department of Family Medicine
UCSF School of Medicine
San Francisco, CA

McGraw-Hill Education; March 2012
Read online, or download in EPUB or secure PDF format