Oktober 1818 - 1820
Politics - Congress of Aix-la-Chapelle; Württemberg Constitution of 1818, Convocation of the State Parliaments in Southern Germany; Death of Queen Katharina von Württemberg; Murder of A. von Kotzebue; K. L. Sand's fate; The Carlsbad Decrees and the persecution of demagogues; the anti-Semitic Hep-Hep riots; the Liberal Revolution in Spain.
Career - Consolidation of her position as editor of the “Morgenblatt”; Giving up her editorships of the “Kunstblatt” and “Literatur-Blatt”; Translations, smaller essays, and “Huber's collected stories” (Vols. 3 and 4); Giving up her anonymity as a writer; Acquaintance with Jean Paul; Conflicts with J. F. von Cotta and A. Müllner.
Personal life - Relocation of the G. von Greyerz family to Augsburg; L. von Herder's stay in Switzerland; V. A. Huber's studies in Göttingen and Würzburg, his doctoral degree, his interest in the Spanish War of Liberation; Shorter trips in Southern Germany; Visits to Stuttgart by Göttingen relatives in Stuttgart.
1636 pages; ISBN 9783110289374
, or download in
Title: Oktober 1818 - 1820
Author: Jessica Stegemann
More Literary Criticism
- Academic > Literature > German literature > Individual authors or works > 1700-ca. 1860/70
- Academic > Literature > German literature > History of German literature > Modern
- Academic > Literature > German literature > Literary history and criticism
- Literary Criticism > European > German
- Literary Collections > Letters