Guitar For Dummies
The bestselling music guide - now updated and with a FREEDVD!
Have you always wanted to learn to play guitar? Who wouldn't? Thinkof Jimi Hendrix wailing away on his Stratocaster. . . Chuck Berryduck-walking across the stage to "Johnny B. Goode". . .B.B. Kingmaking his "Lucille" cry the blues. No doubt about it—guitarsare cool.
Guitar For Dummies gives you everything a beginning orintermediate guitarist needs: from buying a guitar to tuning it,playing it, and caring for it, this book has it all—and youdon't even need to know how to read music. Full ofphoto-illustrated exercises and songs you can play to practice thetechniques discussed in each section, this step-by-step guitarguide will take you through the basics and beyond before you cansay "Eric Clapton."
- Helps you choose the guitar and equipment that best fits yourneeds and budget
- Shows you how to build strength and dexterity whileplaying
- Teaches you to play in different styles, including rock, blues,folk, jazz, and classical
Fully revised and updated, with an all-new interactive DVDpacked with video and audio clips that help you learn, tune, andplay along, Guitar For Dummies is the perfect introductoryguide for any novice acoustic or electric guitar player.
CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included aspart of the e-book file, but are available for download afterpurchase.
408 pages; ISBN 9781118237588
, or download in or
Title: Guitar For Dummies
Author: Mark Phillips; Jon Chappell
- Academic > Performing Arts > Instruction and study > Instrumental techniques > Plucked instruments
- Academic > Performing Arts > Instruction and study > History
- Academic > Performing Arts > Instruction and study > Music theory
- Academic > Performing Arts > Instruction and study > Composition. Elements and techniques of music
- Music > Musical Instruments