"It is a delight to see the Fourth Edition of Sommers-Flanagans's excellent work. They understand counseling and therapy, their writing is clear, and this book will be enjoyed by students and faculty alike."
Allen E. Ivey, EdD, ABPP, Professor Emeritus, University of Massachusetts Amherst
Updated with a new accompanying DVDThe classic text presenting practical strategies for conducting effective interviewsnow reflecting the latest interviewing guidelines
Updated to reflect the emerging field of online and other nonface-to-face interventions, Clinical Interviewing, Fourth Edition 20122013 Update blends a personal and easy-to-read style with a unique emphasis on both the scientific basis and interpersonal aspects of interviewing. John and Rita Sommers-Flanagan thoroughly explore clinical interviewingfrom the very basics of listening to the latest skills needed as a practitioner.
Now with a new accompanying DVD illustrating interviewing skills and common interviewing situations, this Updated Edition adds:
- A new chapter covering nonface-to-face assessment and interviewing via email, telephone, texting, videoconferencing/Skype, instant messaging, and online chatting
- New structured interview protocol with step-by-step guidance through a mental status examinationwhether face-to-face or not
- Guidance on the evidence base, treatment outcomes, and ethical issues for nonface-to-face assessment and intervention
Complete with real-world case examples, Clinical Interviewing, Fourth Edition 20122013 Update equips readers with a realistic yet intuitive guide to mastering the skills necessary to be an effective interviewer today.
Instructor Site: www.wiley.com/go/clinicalinterviewing
Student Resource Site: www.wiley.com/go/clinicalinterviewing
Title: Clinical Interviewing
Author: John Sommers-Flanagan; Rita Sommers-Flanagan
This edition is not for sale in your country. Here are some titles that might be what you're after...
- Clinical Interviewing, with Video Resource CenterUS$ 95.33
- How to Listen so Parents Will Talk and Talk so Parents Will ListenUS$ 39.00
- Counseling and Psychotherapy Theories in Context and Practice Study GuideUS$ 52.00
- Tough Kids, Cool CounselingUS$ 47.62
- Counseling and Psychotherapy Theories in Context and PracticeUS$ 95.33