The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
CliffsNotes on Beowulf
CliffsNotes on Beowulf takes you into the epic story of warriors and strange beasts. Beowulf is considered to be the longest and greatest surviving Anglo-Saxon poem. Some see it as an early celebration of Christianity. Others think it extols – or perhaps condemns – heroic values.
Step into this epic poem and get ready for sword fights, feasts, and treasures. With this study guide, you’ll be able to follow all of the action as you consider the artistic impact of the work. You'll also gain insight into the characteristics of the unknown poet and the manuscript itself. Other features that help you study include
- Character analyses of major players
- A character map that graphically illustrates the relationships among the characters
- Critical essays
- A review section that tests your knowledge
- A Resource Center full of books, articles, films, and Internet sites
Classic literature or modern modern-day treasure — you'll understand it all with expert information and insight from CliffsNotes study guides.
96 pages; ISBN 9781118138564
, or download in
More from this author
Differentiated Instructional Strategies Professional Learning Guide 2013 US$ 32.95 161 pages
IB Theory of Knowledge 2013 US$ 39.69 450 pages
- Academic > Literature > American literature > Prose > Prose fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction > Performing Arts > Television & Radio
- Literary Criticism > European > English, Irish, Scottish, Welsh
- Study Aids > Book Notes
- Poetry > English, Irish, Scottish, Welsh
- Literary Collections > Essays
- Literary Criticism > Semiotics & Literary Theory
- Education > Study Skills