Mobilizing the Green Imagination
An Exuberant Manifesto
Dysfunctional cities, catastrophic climate change, ever-deepening distance from naturetoday we see environmental disaster everywhere we look. In Mobilizing the Green Imagination, philosophical provocateur Anthony Weston urges us to move beyond ever more desperate attempts to green” the status quo toward entirely different and far more inviting ecological visions:
*Life after transportationdecentralized work, inventive infill, and self-sufficient micro-communities to facilitate life in place
*Adaptation with attitudecities that welcome the rising waters
*A great second chancemoving beyond exploitation of the whole natural world
*A cosmic ecologywhy not a green space program?
These postcards from beyond the leading edge of today’s green thinking are bold, audacious, extravagantly hopeful, and profoundly inspiringthe perfect antidote to the despair brought on by too many doom and gloom” scenarios. Nothing less than a complete reinvention of contemporary environmentalism, Mobilizing the Green Imagination belongs in the back pocket of anyone who dares to dream of a brighter future and a better world.
Anthony Weston is professor of philosophy and environmental studies at Elon University in North Carolina, where he teaches ethics, environmental studies, and "Millennial Imagination." He is the author of twelve other books, including How to Re-Imagine the World and Back to Earth, as well as many articles on ethics, critical thinking, education, and contemporary culture. At Elon, Weston has been named both Teacher of the Year and Scholar of the Year.
192 pages; ISBN 9781550925043
, or download in or
Title: Mobilizing the Green Imagination
Author: Anthony Weston
More Body Mind
- Academic > Environmental Sciences > Environmentalism. Green movement > Environmentalism
- Academic > Earth Sciences > Environmental sciences > Periodicals and societies
- Academic > Earth Sciences > Environmental sciences > Environmentalism, green movement
- Academic > Geography > Environmental sciences > Environmentalism. Green movement
- Academic > Environmental Sciences > Societies, etc
- The Environment > Ecology
- Science > Environmental Science
- Social Science > Future Studies
- Nature > Environmental Conservation & Protection
- Body Mind & Spirit