The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Correct Your French Blunders
A witty, fast-paced guide to eliminating those annoying and frustrating French bloopers
Mixing genders, inverting subjects and objects, and trusting false cognates are just a few of the blunders English-speaking French-language learners commonly make. In Correct Your French Blunders, veteran French teacher Véronique Mazet identifies these and other common trouble spots and clearly explains the reasons behind them. You will discover how grammar patterns of French differ from those of English and why trying to translate word for word, structure for structure, from English, can lead to big trouble.
You will learn to break bad habits and correct your mistakes while developing a much more natural feel for French language patterns with the help of:
- More than 1,000 highlighted examples of common blunders to avoid
- A free app available on iTunes for interactive practice for obliterating those blunders
- Numerous examples and practical exercises
- Quick-reference panels for checking correct tense forms
- A "Hall of Shame" compendium of bad errors to recognize and correct
384 pages; ISBN 9780071788250
, or download in or
More Foreign Language Study
Read and Think Spanish, 2nd Edition 2012 US$ 21.00 257 pages
English Grammar Workbook For Dummies 2010 US$ 22.36 330 pages