The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
A Land So Strange
The Epic Journey of Cabeza de Vaca
Of the three hundred men who had embarked on the journey, only four survivedthree Spaniards and an African slave. This tiny band endured a horrific march through Florida, a harrowing raft passage across the Louisiana coast, and years of enslavement in the American Southwest. They journeyed for almost ten years in search of the Pacific Ocean that would guide them home, and they were forever changed by their experience. The men lived with a variety of nomadic Indians and learned several indigenous languages. They saw lands, peoples, plants, and animals that no outsider had ever seen before.
In this enthralling tale of four castaways wandering in an unknown land, Andrés Reséndez brings to life the vast, dynamic world of North America just a few years before European settlers would transform it forever.
336 pages; ISBN 9780465010349
, or download in
- Academic > History > America > Discovery of America and early explorations > Post-Columbian period. El Dorado
- Academic > History > America > General
- History > United States > Colonial Period (1600-1775)
- Science > Geography
- History > Exploration & Discovery
- History > Americas (North, Central, South, West Indies)
- History > Spain & Portugal
- Biography & Autobiography