The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
How Past Generations Shape Our Present and Predict Our Future
Politics, manners, humor, sexuality, wealth, even our definitions of success are periodically renegotiated based on the new values society chooses
to use as a lens to judge what is acceptable.
Are these new values randomly chosen or is there a pattern?
Pendulum chronicles the stuttering history of western society; that endless back-and-forth swing between one excess and another, always reminded of what we left behind.
There is a pattern and it is 40 years: 2003 was a fulcrum year, as was 1963, its opposite.
Pendulum explains where we have been as a society, how we got here, and where we are headed. If you would benefit from a peek into the future,
you would do well to read this book.
288 pages; ISBN 9781593157159
, or download in or
- Academic > Mathematics > Analytic mechanics > Pendulum
- Academic > Mathematics > General > Mathematics Philosophy
- Academic > Mathematics > Instruments and machines
- Academic > Computer Science
- Social Science > Social Issues
- Social Science > Sociology
- Social Science > Future Studies
- Business > Careers